Fermi, you inspired me to see if I can do a "positive" post, too. Seems like a good exercise.
Best things in my life right now:
1. I got teacher appreciation letters and chocolate from some of my students that thanked me for things that I always wonder if I'm accomplishing with them (like are they getting better at reading and writing, starting to take education and responsibility more seriously). They were all sheepish when they gave them to me--I could see that they really thought about it, which completely bowls me over as I often wonder whether I'm making any kind of dent in their lives.
2. I like living with my boyfriend. He's fun and he's been into making bread products lately--we had a regular loaf and a pizza crust this week.
3. Oh yeah, school is out for summer starting this Thursday. I feel a lot like P. Bone--burnt and sick of worrying about everybody's grades, except I'll be going back in fall and I'm looking forward to further improvement in my jobby.
4. I'm playing piano again.
5. I get to see my family Sunday.
6. My relationship with food has gotten considerably healthier.
7. My writing life is starting up again, which is both scary and exciting. I'll be writing a 25 page story for May 26th, where I'll send it to this summer writing class I'll be taking in Aspen at the end of June.
8. My best friend from high school is getting married in a few weeks, and it's going to be a big fun reunion party of people I haven't seen all in the same place at the same time. It'll be a great way to celebrate finishing both school and my story.
9. I'm about to go and watch an episode of Friday Night Lights, which brings me great joy. And Bowie's playing.
Happy summer, everybody.