Friday, May 23, 2008

Lazy Weekend


This weekend, my girlfriend is taking me up to the Catskills Mountains for a relaxing weekend at Kate's Lazy Meadow Motel. The place is co-owned by Kate Pierson of the B-52's, and is totally decked out with retro furniture and kitsch. She made the reservation for us after receiving a nice tax refund and luckily snagged the last cabin. All of the cabins are equipped with cute kitchenettes, so we're planning on hitting the Whole Foods by my work before we leave and cooking for ourselves.

On Saturday, we're going to explore Saugerties, NY, where the Saugerties Lighthouse resides:


She has everything planned out for us, and I absolutely cannot wait. The motel is also about 12 miles from Woodstock, NY, which might be fun to check out. I feel like I really need a break from my crazy schedule and the hassle surrounding my move. This seems like the perfect place to forget all of those things and just enjoy good company and beautiful surroundings.

2 comments:

Fermi said...

when I first read this I thought:

"damn, I wish she was my girlfriend!"

Novella said...

The weekend was great! It was the best vacation anyone has ever taken me on. :)