Tuesday, March 18, 2008

today has been ok

Well, I have to make a confession, part of why I want to post is because I'm a little disturbed by the dead baby bird next to what I can only assume is doggy poop. Sorry Fermi, I don't share that particular obsession.

News on the deodorant front: I found one that I really liked. And to top it all of, it was something of an accident. Or maybe it was providence. Manifest Destiny. The pilgrims set me on a path to discover this pit balm . . . or maybe not.

Round about Mardi Gras time I was chillin' in Lafayette and went to Target to investigate buying new deodorant. I bought two kinds, a Dove and this "natural deodorant." I immediately cast aside the natural stuff in favor of the Dove since I figured it would work better. I used that for a while and it was no good. It didn't smell good, it didn't stop sweat, and my pits felt gross. There always seemed to be a never-ending residue under my arms that even made my pajamas smell weird (not like b.o., just unpleasant). So I went to the store and got a Mitchum, the scent was called rosepetal. Yeah, there's intentionally no space there. More than one person has pronounced it as "row-sep-it-uhl." And while a grammatically incorrect deodorant scent is amusing, it evidently doesn't do much for me.

So in a last ditch effort, I reclaimed the natural deodorant that had been so carelessly strewn aside. Wonder of all wonders: it works SO WELL. It has no anti-perspirant (no aluminum either) and it smells pretty good and I actually sweat less. It supposedly works with lichen, which I'm pretty sure is some kind of blight on trees, but it's no blight on the peacebone.



Here's a photo

This is the lavender scented one, I have aloe but I want to try lavender since it's like the national scent of France.

Anyway, I have to say I am quite pleased.


Ps: does everyone think I'm now a low-level advertising employee?

2 comments:

Rikki said...

Woah! An unexpected twist! Awesome.

I must buy some.

Fermi said...

Even I am intrigued about this yellow lichen stick! and lavender! who can resist!?