Monday, September 1, 2008

the discomposure before the storm


So this is my first Louisiana hurricane from outside Louisiana. I know it may sound stupid, but I wish I were there. My parents are sticking in Laffy, as is Skuh. Tino is in the raggedy. I'm pretty sure they still have the interwebs, so they may even read this and chuckle at me giving our readership updates on their safety.

I am really worried for New Orelans. This is precisely the last thing that city needs right now. I guess I should just be glad I got to enjoy and appreciate it this summer. However, I want a New Orleans to return to in December and then for years after. It's an amazingly unique city and the US will be at a deficit if it ceases to exist tomorrow.

So I think I'm going to go pretend to read Plato and some scholarly articles in the lobby with the big screen TV tuned to CNN.

My heart goes out to the homeland.

No comments: